From Öz Künefe Kadayif, you can prepare the delicious dessert Künefe. Bacon strips and apple slices give the whole thing a very special touch.
- 1 pack Öz Künefe Kadayif
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 250 g Mozzarella
- 1 x apple any type, depending on the type of arrangement
- 100 g bacon according to preference, depending on the type of arrangement
- 1 cup of apple sauce according to preference, depending on the type of arrangement
- First you need to prepare the syrup, by heating the sugar and water in a pot until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar water begins to boil, add the lemon juice, remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool.
- Now pull the vermicelli apart and loosen it slightly. Melt the margarine and put it in a baking dish with a diameter of about 30 cm. Now add half of the vermicelli and press them a little bit. Now place the cheese over it and cover it with a second layer of vermicelli.
- Put the casserole dish in the preheated oven at 180 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes until the top layer is golden brown. Remove the baking pan and pour over the cooled sugar syrup so that the vermicelli gently absorbs the syrup.
- To round off the finished Künefe, add slices of apple and fried strips of bacon and serve with apple sauce.